A ladies hostel is functioning inside the campus to provide safe stay for the students who are coming from distant parts of the State. There are 19 rooms and one dormitory for students to occupy with sufficient lights and fans that provides provisions for 88 students for safe stay. Apart from this, there is an office room, bath attached room for Resident Tutor, reception area, spacious mess hall, hygienic kitchen and working area. Sufficient facilities for refreshment and sanitation are there in the hostel containing 10 toilets, 10 washrooms, 8 washing points etc. Sufficient play ground and various playing materials ( shuttle bats and cork, skipping rope etc) are there for their leisure time. A room for watchman is there inside the hostel compound with a regular staff for ensuring safety.
Food is cooked and served inside the hostel itself for ensuring the healthy and safe stay. For this sufficient number of cooks and sweepers are maintained in the hostel. Kitchen is functioning with all the modern equipments for cooking like refrigerator, mixer, grinder, LPG stoves etc. Main fuel for cooking is LPG. There is a cleanly maintained well for drinking water inside the hostel compound itself with boundary wall and net. A solar panel is installed in the hostel roof for consuming solar energy and this helps to reduce the power consumption provided by KSEB. Sufficient facilities are available for waste management and using it properly.
Hostel Warden Resident Tutor
Suresh A K Dr. Raseena K K
Assistant Professor, Psychology Assistant Professor, Economics
Rules related to Hostel Admission
1. The admission in the hostel is restricted to the students who got admission in the college. The copy of college ID card should be submitted along with the application for admission in the hostel.
- A copy of passport size photograph and the signature of the student are to be affixed in the hostel admission register. A photo ID card is to be issued to the student from the hostel. The priority for admission in the hostel is to be determined on the basis of the distance from the house of the student. First consideration will be to the student who resides far from the college. While fixing this priority, the students belonging to SC/ST/OEC/PH will be given special preference.
- The parent, who is to be present at the time of admission of the student in the hostel, has to submit a declaration stating that his ward will abide by the rules of the hostel. The student also has to submit such a declaration. In addition to this, the declaration regarding anti ragging is also to be suffixed.
- At the time of admission, an amount equal to two months average mess fee is to be remitted as mess advance on proper receipt. But, mess advance need not to be collected from the students belonging to SC/ST/OEC. Instead of this, the community certificate issued by the revenue authorities is to be collected at the time of admission. In the case of blind students, the medical certificate is to be obtained and filed. These students have to submit the printout of the online application submitted through ‘Akshaya Kendra’ for fee concession, in which it is noted that the applicant is a hostler. Those who have stated as ‘Day Scholar’ in the application for the concession need not to be admitted in the hostel.
- The visitor’s time in the ladies hostel will be from 4 PM to 5 PM. The visiting is restricted to the guardian who signed the declaration at the time of admission and to the person who authorized by the guardian. This is to be displayed in the notice board of the hostel.
- A separate portion is to be set apart for the visitors and they are not permitted to enter the residential area of the inmates. A visitor to a particular inmate will not be permitted to contact with other inmates.
- The ID card is to be kept in hand by the inmates when leaving the hostel. The inmates have to obtain permission from the warden/ Resident Tutor/Clerk when leaving the hostel during hostel timings. The inmates have to return to the hostel before 6 PM.
- The watchman will close the hostel gates at 5 pm and will permit inmates to leave the compound only with special permission from authorities.
- The watchman will permit only those having hostel ID cards to enter the hostel compound. If anyone encroaches, the watchman will report it to the warden who in turn will inform the police.
- Hostel admission is for a prescribed academic year. At the closure of the academic year, the inmates will be relived and hostel closed. When the examination extends to the vacation period, and if the inmates submit written application the hostels can be functioned with mess till the last day of the examination. In such situation the warden has to issue orders to prevent the vacation to the cooks and extending the benefit of earned leave.
- The inmates have to take food from the hostel mess.
- Those who abstain from the hostel for certain a continues period of minimum seven days with the written permission from warden will only aloe proportionate deduction in mess fee.
- The application for hostel admission will be issued an payment of Rs. 20/
- The following documents are to be submitted along with the application.
(a) College ID Card
(b) Two passport size photographs
(c) Attested copy of Aadhar Card
(d) Declaration from the student and the Guardian for abiding by the rules of hostel.
(e) Anti ragging declaration from student and guardian.
The photo ID card will be issued only on receipt of the above documents and the amount of fee.
- The complaints regarding ragging and assaults will be handed over to the police authorities immediately. As per existing rules the Warden or Principal is not delegated with powers to conduct internal enquiry. Hence the notice to the effect that such complaints will be handed over to police without any enquiry has to be displayed at various places in the hostel. Moreover, such a notice has to be affixed in a register in which the signatures of inmates have to be obtained at the time of admission.
Particulars of fee to be remitted at the time of admission.
- Mess advance: Double the amount of highest monthly mess fee during the previous year is to be collected at the time of admission.
- Caution Deposit Rs 1000/-
- Room rent Rs 100/-
- Establishment charges Rs 10/-
- Medical inspection Rs 10/-
- Electricity charge Rs 60/- ( Minimum)
- Water Charges Rs 30/- ( Minimum)
These rates are subject to revision as per Govt. orders. These fees are collected on proper receipts, and to be recorded in the daily fee collection register.