All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE)
All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) was established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development for conducting an annual web-based survey, thereby portraying the status of higher education in the country. The survey is conducted for all educational institutions in India on many categories like teachers, student enrolment, programmes, examination results, education finance, and infrastructure. This survey is used to make informed policy decisions and research for the development of education sector.
There are two objectives for this survey is to:
- Identify all the institutions of higher learning in the country
- Collect data from all the higher education institutions on various aspects of higher education.
Collection of data is done under the following categories.
- Institution’s Basic Details
- Teacher’s Details
- Details of Non-Teaching Staff
- Programme conducted under various Faculties/Schools & Departments/Centres
- Students enrolled in these programmes
- Examination result of the terminal year of each Programme
- Financial Information such as Receipt and Expenditure under various heads
- Availability of Infrastructure
- Scholarships, Loans & Accreditation
Sri. C Achutha Menon Government College started the AISHE from 2012 onwards and has successively collected and submitted the same up to the last year – 2020
Dr.Soni T L
Dept. of Economics