Women’s Cell of this college was started in the year 2007. The Women’s Cell handles several issues related to women’s welfare. The Cell seeks to empower the students of this college and educate them on gender related issues.
Dr. Deepa Paul (Convenor)
Smt.Minimol K S (Associate Professor in Malayalam)
Smt. Sreeparvathy D (Assistant Professor in History)
Smt. Smitha R (Assistant Professor in Economics)
Smt. Sujisha (Assistant Professor in Psychology)
Smt Jayachandrika (Representative of Non Teaching Staff)
- Handles issues related to women’s welfare
- Generate awareness of social issues for ensuring holistic education of students.
- Educate, empower and devise preventive measures for the prevention of gender bias and sexual harassment.
Programmes Conducted in the Academic Year 2013-2014
- An awareness programme was conducted on the topic ‘Challenges on Problems of Sexual Harrassment of Young Women’ under the initiative of Janamythri Police on 21st January 2014 at College Seminar hall.
- A one day lecture on ‘Women Empowerment in Kerala’was conducted on 28th February 2014 by Sri.Jitheesh P.M, Press Academy, Ernakulam.
- On 6th March 2014, a one day seminar on ‘Marginalisation of Women in History Writing’by Dr.T.Sivadasan,Professor, Department of History, University of Calicut was conducted.
- As part of the commemoration of International Women’s Day, on 7th March 2014, a one day programme on ‘Women Challenges and Opportunities’ was conducted. The invited guest was Dr.Sreevidhya, Asst. Professor, Dept. of History, Christ College, Irinjalakkuda. After that, eight Post Graduate students of this college presented their papers on this topic.
Women’s Cell to Students
We invite every student to associate the Women’s cell and participate whole heartedly and willingly in the programmes organized by the cell. Share your concerns about issues affecting you within or outside the college premises with any member of the Women’s cell.